Everyone wants good credit. Your credit score will determine every aspect of your financial well being for the rest of your life. It controls how much you’re able to save, the type of house and car you’re able to afford, and your ability to start your own business. It can even control the type of job you’re able to get.
But what happens when you have Bad Credit – Really Bad Credit?
Here are the top 10 signs that you may have some really ugly credit:
- You have committed to renting forever because you think you’ll never qualify to purchase your own home.
- The only way you can cash a check is at a check-cashing store because you can’t get a checking account.
- The only credit card you can get is a pre-paid secured card.
- You can’t buy a car without needing a co-signer.
- Your utilities are in somebody else’s name because even utility companies don’t want to do business with you.
- You rarely answer your phone because no one really calls you, except bill collectors.
- You pay all your bills either in person or with money orders.
- When you need to buy furniture or appliances, the only place you can go is a store that does rent-to-own.
- You’ve considered starting a second credit file, even though you know it’s illegal.
- Every time you need a rental or employment reference, you have to call your friends and get them to lie for you.
If any of these describe you, it might be time for you to seriously address your credit issues.